Tuesday 23 August 2011

Index Linked

Just before Whose Side Are You On? went to the printer my editor sent me an index to check. It was curiously thrilling and slightly disorientating to see a couple of year's work reduced to a list of places and names. A tad worrying too when you didn't recognise said names straight away.
But now the fun is finding the rogue name that jumps off the page. Are there really so many English footballers in the book? And are those really the only pop stars who get a mention?



My favourite entry - just for its very incongruity - is possibly Valerie Singleton. But over the next few days I thought it would be fun to give you a list of names culled from the index that might give you a slightly skewed sense of what to expect. Tomorrow I'll start with the aforementioned pop stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment